Wednesday, June 17, 2009

NBA Draft Mock 1

Well the playoffs are over and the deadline for players to pull out of the draft has passed so I figured that it's a good time to unveil my first mock draft. For now it will just be a basic list of the teams and picks, but as we get closer to draft day I will start to elaborate on why I think a team might choose a player, my opinion of the player, and more.

I believe that this draft is definitely a weak one, not as weak as the dreaded 2000 draft, but it could be the weakest since then. A couple reasons why is because last years high school class wasn't very good, with the last few years producing much better than average classes. The disparity is obvious. Also a lot of people did not come into the draft this year even though they would have been lottery picks.
Next year's class will be better and I will talk about it after the draft, but as for now, it's time to put up my first mock draft!

1. L.A. Clippers - Blake Griffin
2. Memphis - Hasheem Thabeet
3. Oklahoma City - James Harden
4. Sacramento - Ricky the Spanish Sensation Rubio
5. Washington - Jordan Hill
6. Minnesota - Tyreke Evans
7. Golden State - Brandon Jennings
8. New York - Stephen Curry
9. Toronto - Demar Derozan
10. Milwaukee - Johnny Flynn
11. New Jersey - James Johnson
12. Charlotte - Gerald Henderson
13. Indiana - Eric Maynor
14. Phoenix - Jrue Holliday
15. Detroit - B.J. Mullens
16. Chicago - Dejuan Blair
17. Philadelphia - Jeff Teague
18. Minnesota - Earl Clark
19. Atlanta - Ty Lawson
20. Utah - Tyler Hansbrough
21. New Orleans - Terrence Williams
22. Dallas - Nick Calathes
23. Sacramento - Chase Budinger
24. Portland - Sam Young
25. Oklahoma City - Omri Casspi
26. Chicago - Wayne Ellington
27. Memphis - Dejuan Summers
28. Minnesota - Jonas Jerebko
29. L.A. Lakers - Austin Daye
30. Cleveland - Derrick Brown

3 comments:

  1. Finally a published list. Hopefully this time next year your site still exist, unlike all your past mock drafts that somehow disappear the following year with excuses such as...

    "Oh my computer crashed"

    "Ah yeah I lost my notebook with all of last years list"

    "I ran out of copies"

    and soon to be lorenzosspecialblog.blogspot.com = under construction


    Also I would much like to hear Josh "Chad Ford" Goldens draft analysist as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off it's a travesty that you would talk down about the 2000 NBA Draft aka "the deepest draft ever" ~Bobby Thompson

    Omri Casspi should be a top 5 pick - hold it down for the Jews

    ReplyDelete